Ideal for testing spatial learning and memory, the Barnes Maze motivates animals to hide from the bright, open platform by finding the small, dark “escape box.” Animals learn the escape box’s location without the stress of swimming or food deprivation and false escape boxes remove the possibility of inadvertent cues. San Diego Instruments (SDI) designed its Barnes maze to be easy to use, clean and transport. With a variety of color options, SDI’s Barnes maze adjusts to fit a wide range of experiments. Backed by a one-year warranty and our first-rate customer service, purchasing a Barnes maze from SDI guarantees you an exemplary product and ongoing support.
- Rat and mouse models
- Compatible with our LimeLight video tracking system
- Black, white or beige models (beige offers the most adverse environment)
- Circular platform diameter: 36” (mice); 48” (rats)
- 20 exploration holes, 20 false escape boxes and one escape box
- Made of durable and easy to clean ABS plastic
- One-year warranty